Taking a closer look.

What are people creating in Google Sketch-Up? Looking into the 3D Warehouse of this design world.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

BP4_Soundation

Discovering Web 2.0 tools assignments led me to a place that I was looking for the past three weeks. Sent on this mission I was to find a tool that I could use in my professional environment. While I was searching I remembered a discussion with one of my colleagues on creating digital music for student PSA's. The tool is called Soundation, a web-based loop sequencer with real-time effects and virtual instruments. My first part of the journey was to learn Soundation. To get a better understanding of the program I reviewed the how to... section of the Soundation website. Once I understood the layout of the program and what a Sound set is and what an Audio locker was I launched Soundation Studio. Evaluating this software I quickly recognize many of the features resemble other audio editing and looping software in the current market. The dashboard is not too cluttered and the overall workspace is a close mirror image to the name brand competitors. Where the sequencer application stands out the most is its benefit of being a web application. Eliminating the install process of software, USB dongles for authorization, and immediately using Soundation studio directly by launching a webpage on your Internet browser. This one key component allows teachers and students to use the software on cross platform operating systems at school and at home. This product is exactly what my colleague and I were looking for and I'm glad to be able to share with all my blog followers.


Saving the best for last is the final product that was produced. Which can be shared in many different ways. You can save it to the local machine as a wave file, post it to your Facebook or embed it into your blog.

Here is mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment